Men of War: Assault Squad features a completely new cooperative skirmish game mode with access to five different nations (Russia, Germany, USA, Commonwealth and, for the first time ever in the Men of War series, Japan) as well as increased realism and accessibility.
Players can get behind the controls of a tank to smash through obstacles, crush soldiers under their tracks and fire high-explosive shells at enemy emplacements, they can even take control of individual soldiers as they fight. As in previous games in the series, Men of War: Assault Squad includes the unique “direct control” feature which enables players to be in command of any unit using the WASD controls, rather than pointing and clicking.
- Different historical settings and battlegrounds for every nation presented in the game allowing players to face distinct varieties of enemies and tactics
- Unique hero units with powerful abilities such as increasing units’ firepower, boosting morale or providing other advantages to defeat the enemy against all odds
- Bonuses featuring remote controlled bombs that can flatten entire residential blocks, airstrikes to destroy incoming tank columns, special “For the Motherland!” charge attacks and many more
- Improved and dynamic AI ensures that no two missions in the game will play out the same way, making each battle a new experience against an AI that really fights back
- A great choice of various locations including Western Europe to Eastern Europe, North Africa and the Pacific area
- The ability to play together with up to four friends in LAN or cooperative online play
- New multiplayer maps and game settings
- Improved multiplayer providing authentic use of equipment and vehicles
- Overhauled infantry squads and the ability to purchase specific soldiers
- More realistic weapon behavior and penetration values
- A reworked artillery system providing innovative assault and defense strategies
- New types of ammunition which increase the tanks’ strength